The main features of the textbook:
- This is a task-based textbook based on the survival needs of short-term overseas students. It cores with practical communicative tasks as the mainline, focusing on Chinese listening and speaking while downplaying grammar.
- This textbook is suitable for native English learners and beginners of Chinese.
- The textbook includes texts content which conforms to reality, short and easy sentences, which is easy for students to remember and use.
- The forms of activities are diverse and practical, especially the interactive task activity, which can greatly attract students' participation in learning.
- Illustrated with lively forms, not only can reduce the burden of memory, but also can increase students' interest in learning.
- This textbook consists of one Chinese voice training camp (1~2 periods), 12 units (3~4 periods/unit) and two Chinese songs. Overall, the arrangement of the textbook fully takes into account the flexibility and diversity in the time arrangement of the short-term accelerated teaching, it due great in flexibility, so the teaching time of 40 to 50 hours of the short-term classes can choose this textbook.